Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday, 2 December 2010 Surprise this morning

Snowing again here this morning.  I put more than normal food out on the table, the usual breadcrumbs and crusts, mixture of seeds, two crumbled brioches and seeds set into the fat which came of of yesterday's roast chicken.

I laid and lit the woodburner and was just settling down to watch the weather forecast when I saw a bright flash of colour against the garden wall.  I moved as slowly as possible across the room and collected my camera.  Now, lots of you might find them a common bird, but I have never seen a bullfinch, Pyrrhula pyrrhula, before in England or here in Brittany and I was thrilled to be able to photograph this one.  The photos aren't brilliant, but I had to post all five as I am really excited by seeing this bird.










The colour of the bullfinch was incredible, almost glowing as if illuminated from the inside.

Here is one more of the magpie from yesterday too.


The snow is coming down thickly now, but I did manage to take a few more photographs before it really got going.  Blue tit first.


Then another close up of one of the robins.


A little sparrow fluffed out against the cold on the garden wall.


And last, for the moment, today's chaffinch photograph.


Inbetween the snow showers, I've just had a quick walk to the freezer in the utility barn, and taken three odd photographs.  The first is my beautiful mother rabbit, Ruby.

This is the swimming pool - I'm not having a dip today - which should have been put away for the winter, but we never seemed to be able to get it dry enough to fold up, so it will probably stay outside now and I just hope it will make it through to next summer. 


And this is my permanent man in the garden.  Bet his hands are cold!


Snow coming down heavily now.  Just had a visit from a friend on his quad bike as better to drive with on this stuff than a 4 x 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment