Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday, 28 November 2010 Snow has arrived in Brittany

 There was a sprinkling of snow here yesterday, but nothing very much, just covering the tops of walls.  The snow on the ground melted once the sun came out.  However, overnight the landscape changed and it's a very different picture here now.


This is my house at 8.45am today.  From measuring the snow on the round table, about 3"/7.5cm fell, although it seems much more.



This is the view from the end of my drive looking up towards the calvaire.  It is this small slope which is the first stumbling block against anyone without a tractor leaving the village.


I walked down the lane and came back up again which gives this shot of my house on the right with the light on in the west window.  The branches and overhead wires are thickly coated with snow.  I hope this doesn't mean a possible loss of telephones and internet as we're only just back on after the winds of 10/11 November.


This is one of the village houses which isn't lived in.  The owners have renovated their house on the same site, but haven't got round to this one.  I just love the arched doorway, typical of so many houses here in Brittany.



This is my west window with the snow lying thickly on the newly planted roadside hedge plants.



The branches are really thickly covered with snow and look so beautiful.  It's just starting to snow again and my friends who arrived over from their village three miles away, are on their way back now on quads, really enjoying the snow.




Daisy, my little white cat, has been going absolutely mad out in the snow and shooting in and out of the cat door like a bullet. 


She seems to love it out there and only comes in to get warm and dry again.

It all looks so lovely, but makes travelling completely impossible for those of us living in the sticks and without quads!   I shall have to miss my Book Club tomorrow and the chap who was coming to do the regular check on my breathing machine won't be able to reach us here.  It always amazes me how much a little snow can change our plans.  I shall spend the time cooking and freezing things for times when I am busier out and about.

Three Beautiful Things:

1.   Looking out at the snow which covers all the bad bits and leaves everything  looking beautiful.

2.     A full hearth full of logs which my friends have just brought in for me.

3.     The lovely smell of my pastry pie cooking in the oven.






No comments:

Post a Comment