Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Friday, May 3, 2013

Hottest day of the year so far

What a beautiful day.   I heard my first cuckoo of the year this morning as I walked up the lane to do the animals.   I drove with friends to collect animal feed this morning for their hens and geese and my hens, ducks, rabbits and goats.  It's been the sunniest, hottest day of the year and I've been lying out in the garden since midday soaking it all up. 
 
 
 

 
 
The wisteria against the cottage walls is just starting to bloom again and the tulips under the garden wall are bright scarlet with variegated leaves.  
 
 
 
Basil, Ruby and Bert have been burrowing again in their run.  There's wire going down below ground level to stop them getting through to the next door garden, but this time they are tunnelling towards the cottages.  They then spent an hour or so sitting in the sunshine in a row.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's the lane going down from the calvaire to my house in the sunshine and forget-me-nots growing wild outside an abandoned dwelling next to me. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




The village was really quiet today.  I think I might have been the only one at home most of the afternoon.  I love the peace here.
 
I really spending so much time in the garden, getting a good tan base, eating both my lunch and supper outside and reading a whole paperback - Almost French by Sarah Turnbull.  It's true story about an Australian girl who ends up living in Paris with a Frenchman and how she coped with the culture shock.   
 
 
 
Three things I like:
 
1.   The wall to wall sunshine and heat we've had today in St André.
2.   Walking round in the peace and quiet of the village with my cats following.
3.   Finding the new hiding place where some of my hens are now laying.

2 comments:

  1. Hens...and ducks...are so resourceful when it comes to finding new hiding places for eggs.

    We spotted one of the ducks descending from the rood of the poultry house a couple of days ago...yes, she's found a new place to lay where the roof meets the hill behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange isn't it? They have lots of "official" places to lay but keep changing. Where they lay one day there is nothing the next and I am left searching for the new spot - I've never had hens who've done this before - it's surprising how long it takes to go round all the possible hiding places.

    ReplyDelete