Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nantes Brest canal, ducks, flowers and fish

Friday evening saw a big electrical surge here in the village due to a storm damaged cable.  EDF, the electricity company arrived and cut off the power for two hours while they did the repair - one of the fuses had melted completely.  My lights were so bright in the sitting room it was as if a football stadium's spotlights were on in here.  Unfortunately, it left me with a non-functioning microwave, five 'phone bases and the electric garage door motor.  Seems as if I have a claim to make on the house insurance and they then contact EDF for confirmation of the surge.   

Thank goodness the weather has been better over the last two days.  In fact, not just better, wonderful!   The sunshine prompted a picnic lunch alongside the Nantes Brest canal and then a leisurely walk, followed by a sunbathing and reading session for the rest of the afternoon in the garden - lovely!


Plants along the bank and water boatmen skimming along the surface of the water.



































The osteospernum is in my neighbour's garden.

The beautiful orchid is in the old railway track lane and the bluebells have come up on the verge around my field.













The pansies are in my neighbour's garden - I love all these blues and purples, especially after all the yellow spring flowers.



In my garden, the clematis is now in full bloom and Alfie has crept into the photo too.


















I love this wisteria - and the perfume as I walk round this corner to the utility room is just delicious.

Purrdy enjoying the very, very warm afternoon sun.
















Bert, Ruby and Boris enjoying dandelions.



These were broom flowers in the lane this morning - what a yellow!

















My new big, strangely-shaped fish in the pond with some of the original normal residents.  This fish is 12"/30cm long from end to end and "frilly".  The tadpoles seem to like being with it all the time.


The original ducks leading the four new Muscovies back up the field to the pond.

















It looks as if I might have the chance of a Muscovy drake later in the week.  My original Muscovy duck has given up staying with the rest and flies over each day into the hen/goat field and is now going to bed in the hen house. 

Three things I like:

1.   Sunbathing again for the first time since the brilliant March weather.
2.   Hearing that my son and some friends are coming  to stay at the beginning of June.
3.   Starting the incubator this morning with fourteen eggs from my hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment