Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Monday, April 16, 2012

An "out of date order" posting on a visit to friends in Plérin at the end of March

Breton neighbours from my village invited me to their home in Plérin for lunch - their granddaughter aged six was there as it was a Wednesday and the children don't go to school on a Wednesday in France.  Two of their friends from Versailles - I'd met them before - were there too.  The garden at their Plérin house is very pretty and the first flowers that greet you are grape hyacinths - Muscari, whose blue is just wonderful.










There were so many lovely blooms in the garden and I particularly liked the magnolia against the blue, blue sky.










This was a huge insect which was in the conservatory, like a very, very large bumble bee.


After lunch we sat out in the sunshine and enjoyed the good weather.  It was a lovely visit, with good food, good conversation and good company.  We had a particularly delicious cheese at lunchtime which I must ask the name of as I can't remember what it was.  I left  in the early evening in time to go to a meeting at the hospital a few miles away.

Three things I like:

1.   Having neighbours who are friends too.
2.   Being able to understand most of the conversation at lunchtime.
3.   Having GPS in the car and being able to find an address easily.

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, I know Plerin quite well - my father-in-law retired down by the seaside at Plerin-les-Rosaires. We're due a visit mid July, can't wait, our 2 children love the beach there. You've chosen a lovely spot to spend your time, and it must be wonderful to have it all on your doorstep year round. Happy birthday b.t.w. and many happy returns! Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's lovely to have rellies in good places to visit! If you would like to visit while you're over here, just email me and I'll let you have my 'phone number - just a thought - I hope you have a great holiday and that the weather's kind when you're here. Sandra

    ReplyDelete