Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Tree and Some Decorations

Today, with Flick's help, we put up and decorated the Nordmann Fir Christmas tree, which Sally and Richard kindly brought over for me yesterday.  Overnight it stood in a bucket of water in the garage to give it a good drink before it came into my very warm room.  Hopefully, as in previous years, this uptake of water should stop it dropping it's needles too quickly. 



Bits and bobs around the room


and the two wreaths on the window handles.


Just some of the things around my room, but not a many as usual as my daughter isn't here, and she likes to go mad with decorations - I'm just slightly more subtle!

Three things I like:

1.   Reading my Christmas cards and the enclosed letters.
2.   Remembering the decorations as they come out of the box.
3.   Receiving an invitation in the post for a Pre Christmas Soirée. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely decorations Sandra!

    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Philippa. Glad you managed to get on here. I have terrible trouble leaving comments on some blogs and have to give up in the end. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I managed it Sandra!

    Philippa

    ReplyDelete