Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Friday and Weekend Things

Yesterday was one of those on and off rainy days.  I like to take photographs when the rain has just stopped or when the light is not so bright as I think the colours of flowers are more enhanced or less drained. 
This is one of the sunflowers growing up past my sitting room window - finally opened in the little bit of sunshine we had.




My neighbour's blue hydrangea in the driveway.


An orange Marigold in my garden.


A neighbour's pink Hydrangea in the driveway.


A yellow marigold in my driveway.


Crocosmia Lucifer in the border.  It's such a vibrant red - I love it.


And a close up of one bloom.


I'm still reading "Choral Society", but have a trilogy to read by Stieg Larsson, which have just arrived from ebay.


I'm going to save these until after my hospital stay.  I think I need some lighter reading for that and I may also try to see if I still have some talking books on CD which I can take in.  In June I took "A Year in the Merde" by Stephen Clarke, but wasn't very keen on it.  I also took in "Billy" by Pamela Stephenson which I did enjoy.   I love reading, but when you're not feeling absolutely up to par, it's quite pleasant to lie back and listen to someone read to you.

On Friday I was treated to lunch by friends from the Bowls Club.  Here they are trying to choose what to eat.


I had lunch out again today, this time with friends from my Writers' Group and a couple of husbands came too.  You can see I finished my meal - there won't be any more meals like this for a very, very long time..    I'm very grateful for the support that I'm getting regarding my bypass from both groups of friends.


 
And lastly, a photograph to show how Purrdy has grown in the few weeks that she's lived here with us. 



Three things I like:

1.   Eating with friends.
2.   Purrdy going to sleep on my chest while I watch television.
3.   Getting into bed at the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are just so beautiful. I planted Crocosmia last year and I noticed tonight that it has bloom stems. I am excited for I have never grown it before. You had a busy week. I hope you have good week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann. I am slowing down this week, apart from tomorrow when I have a doubles tournament at bowls, so that I'm not too whacked out when I go into hospital on Thursday afternoon. If I have any photos to post I will, otherwise I'll post again when I get home and settled again. xx

    ReplyDelete