Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday, 18 December 2010 Déjà Vu in St André

It has again been snowing through the night and is still snowing as I write at around 13.00 hours here in Brittany.  When I finally got up this morning at 09.00 hours the sunrise was still in progress, so I rushed downstairs - as fast as the stairlift would take me - grabbed my camera and took these photographs through the spare bedroom window.




Over the wall into my neighbour's garden.  Sylviane lost a tree in February last year with the weight of the snow and I think there will be many more trees lost around here this year again.




The sky changes so fast, just like trying to catch sunset, you have to be very quick or it's gone.
.

And two from yesterday.  The greenfinch on the bird table was taken from too far back in my sitting room and through a fairly grubby windowpane, but it looked so yellow I couldn't resist.


This is Daisy "plodding" on the red velour rug she sits on to dream about catching the birds on the bird table.


A rare sound in the lane as my neighbour drives his tractor with hay for the horses out in the field.  We are completely cut off from the rest of the world now except by tractor and quad bike.  I feel that the weather has changed in this part of the world, and that perhaps we have to accept that we are going to have snow for a good part of the winter months now and in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment