Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Sunday, March 28, 2010

Saturday, 27 March 2010 - Visit to the North of 22 and a Lovely Supper

Yesterday, I went with L, a friend from England staying with me for a few days, to the north of Départment 22, which is the Départment where I live. We went to see a French friend who lives in Tregastel.  I hadn't seen her for about eleven years, so there was lots of catching up to do.  She kindly drove us around the area so we could see the wonderful seascapes.  The weather was dull, but I had never visited this area before and had to take some photographs of the coastline there.  This is a castle on an island in the sea at Ploumanac'h.



The rock formations on this coast are incredible and in spite of the weather, I thought it was worth trying to record them.


The house where we had lunch had a pretty garden and the plum blossom was just coming out looking fresh and delicate.  Weeping willows are the first trees to leaf up over here and everywhere we looked on the journey there were these lovely touches of bright but pale leaves covering weeping branches. 


The mimosa trees were also in blossom and I have never seen so many huge trees in one place.  Being nearer to the sea means a milder climate with less if any frost and the trees were really far ahead.  There was a lot of wind, so difficult to focus, but I had to try.


We spent part of the afternoon watching our friend's boy playing football and alongside the ground were flags flying which represented, from right to left, my Départment - Cotes d'Armor, the Region - Brittany, the Country - France, and the European Union.


We had a good, chatty afternoon and then had a supper of moules and frites (mussels and chips) - absolutely delicious! and a perfect end to a lovely day.


Three Beautiful Things:

1.     Mussels and chips

2.     Renewing old friendships

3.     Entering European Summer Time again

No comments:

Post a Comment