Muscovy Duck

Muscovy Duck
Roosting on the gate

2011 - My second year of blogging in Brittany

I felt I would like to share some of the photographs I have taken so far this year and some from other years. I live in a beautiful part of Brittany and just love being here. It's a lovely place to photograph and enjoy being in through all the seasons and hopefully this blog will show you where I live my life.



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday, 7 February 2010 - Animals rule OK!

A very grey still morning when we went up to trim the flight feathers off one of Grace's wings.  This is in an attempt to keep her in the two fields nearest to the barn, as she has a predeliction for the far field when her Mum was taken by the fox last week. 
 
She behaved very well, with no hissing, and should now be practically flightless.



I tried to take some photographs of my goats, Betsy and Basil, but they were more interested in their food trough.   Here they are last year with some of my laying hens.
Betsy and Basil became parents in May when they had Archie, who was the most beautiful and happy little goat.  Sadly, something, we never found out  what, killed Archie last summer.  A very sad day.




Archie was the sweetest little goat and whenever I sat down up on the field he jumped on my lap to cuddle down - he was perhaps more like a dog than a goat.  It's very strange but I'm afraid a lot of my animals have lipstick marks on their heads!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blotanical! I enjoyed reading your post. i am so sorry about Archie; he was very cute. The setting you live in seems idyllic. i look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the welcome and your comments. It certainly seems to me that I live in a lovely place. It's very quiet, which I love. I am often the only person in the village during the day as everyone except me works or goes to school. I am retired and enjoying every moment.

    ReplyDelete